Blog

Spinners End Nursery School
"Tolerate, Educate, Accomplishate"

Spinner's End has been moved to
The Linton Academy
(http://thelintonacademy.blogspot.com)
Please follow the links on this page to find our posts.

View Our Tot School Posts by Age:

33 Months
32 Months
31 Months
30 Months
29 Months
28 Months
27 Months
26 Months
25 Months
24 Months
23 Months
22 Months
21 Months
20 Months
19 Months
16 Months
14 Months



totally tots

Totally Tots is a site devoted to providing you with Tot-Appropriate games, crafts, activities and more!!

Our blog was featured on Totally Tots! Click here to see!

Tot-School - Two Years Old

Our site has moved.

Please click here to view this post on our new blog.

Please update your bookmarks and follow us at our new location.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Monday, June 8, 2009 - - 11 Comments

This entry was posted on 1:44 AM and is filed under 24 Months , Birthdays , Tot School Updates . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

11 comments:

CristyLynn said...

Great post, as always! I love how much you let him help around the house and make it fun with his own tools.

Christy Killoran said...

Happy Birthday Rocker Tot! I love the photos. I am a big fan of the Melissa and Doug chunky puzzles - we have the school bus puzzle and fire engine puzzle. Here is a link to the school bus puzzle
http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-School-Bus-Chunky/dp/B000EOEAQM
And here is a link to the fire engine puzzle
http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Deluxe-Chunky-Puzzle/dp/B000E99Y6S/ref=pd_sim_t_1
I think Rocker Tot will find these puzzles challenging but not too difficult and I definitely recommend them.

Ticia said...

No lower case letter blocks, sadly. I think there's too many shapes to make it esy to make.
Try the Melissa and Doug 4 in 1 puzzles. It's a small box that comes with 4 puzzles. The puzzles are the size of the lid of the box and are about 9 or 12 pieces. My boys are 4 and this is the perfect size puzzle for them. Not too hard, but not easy.

Ticia said...

Oh, and great idea on cutting down the adult broom. I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Valerie said...

Great post! You are very creative. I can't wait to see more of what you do with Rocker Tot!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great week! Happy Birthday RockerTot! I need to let Sammy make his train set by himself. hehe the egg picture is to funny!

The Adventures of Bear said...

Great ideas. Bear has also grown out of her knob puzzles, although she still enjoys doing them. My mom had got her two board books that have 3 to 6 piece puzzles (one per page). The 6 piece ones she needs help with, but she can do the three and four piece pages. I like your idea of using the picture frame for the three part cards.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Awesome post - I also liked how you split it into different sections. Your son is so lucky to be exposed to so many different experiences, and I agree with you that children learn best through play. I personally liked your idea with picture frame and word-picture combos. I can see that it might be a little early for a 2-year-old, but I was thinking of the way to do word-picture match creatively, and I am going to try your approach out.

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

OK seriously, where do you get those COOL mag board books?
He always looks like he's having so much fun. And who coudn't resist the eggs...isn't sweet how LO's can fund JUST the WRONG thing to get into in the shortest amount of time.

Christy Killoran said...

By the way, I just noticed that you have a rocker baby on the way - Congratulations! I hope you are feeling well!

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

you can interrogate all you want. LOL
YES! They are washable. You can buy at any art store or Amazon and prob even at Target or Walmart (but not sure)

http://www.dotart.com/markers.htm